R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - TLR 22 3.0 Race Kit Thread!
View Single Post
Old 02-19-2016, 09:48 PM
toddmanley
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Wheetie
Got a question guys. I recently completed my buggy and I am new to the buggy racing scene. At our local track which is hard packed high bite the car handles fantastic box stock on 98% of the track. There is a long straight with a decent sweeper going into a 180 at the end that I'm having traction issues with. On power or off it's giving me issues. Should I just deal with it or sacrifice some handling overall to get the best average performance out of the car. And if I should change anything where should I start? Stiffer springs or thicker fluid in the front? I've moved the battery all over doesn't seem to make a difference.
We've got the same feature at our current Norcal layout. For me I focused on dialing in the car on every other turn/feature on the track - and focused on driving a cleaner/faster line coming off the straights and into the left-hand sweeper/180*.

It took me a few broken front spindles for me to find the right line. I also found it really helpful for me to turn down my drag brake (from 17% to 5%). This allowed me to lift off the throttle and carry more speed while rolling faster through the sweeper and keeping more speed. My speed naturally scrubs itself as the sweeper becomes a decreasing radius turn.