R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Hot Bodies D413 1/10 4WD Buggy
View Single Post
Old 02-17-2016, 06:40 PM
Troyster
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Slapjack
Thanks... I actually just went home and looked at the setup sheet and I did sort of make a couple small changes from the gunsmoke setup. I am at 10 deg kickup, 0 deg anti squat. diffs are 7/100/3. I am going to try the 100k just cause it's already in there and take the 50k and 60k with me to the track. Just so I can try them all to feel the difference. I figured 100k was a little heavy tho.
I know in the back of my head this is just way too high but for my X-ray xb4 a team driver swears I need to be running 500k in the cd. I put it in just to try. He says they run 1,000,000 cst normally and 500k for blown out tracks. Has anyone ever run anything that thick before? I've never seen it done but it seemed like quite a few ppl on the xb4 thread run real thick fluids.
I started running 200K in mine when traction was up last year; then at the track layout change I left it at 200K with low traction and the buggy was still great. Only changed ackerman and springs. At 60K and 100K the buggy was controllable but sluggish and slow. Potentially, the 60K and O degree anti-squat may leave you pushing into turns with little chance of the buggy responding until you have blown through the turn....guess you'll have a chance to try it out and see how it goes...