R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - New Team Durango DEX410V5 Thread
View Single Post
Old 02-17-2016, 08:27 AM
Cain
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

Originally Posted by the incubus

Now the 410v5 combines both the Center Gear Diff and Slipper to offer the best of both worlds, but the car is so new there is insufficient information to gauge how well this new system works just yet. I for one am extremely curious to learn how well it works, but I am doubtful locking out the slipper altogether is the way to go.
If its anything like the Slipperrential that RC Monster has offered for years now for 1/8 racing, it will give you the benefits of a slipper and a gear diff at the same time.

To be honest, you could also kind of see this as well when using the Tekno Traktion Drive on an 1/8 Ebuggy. Makes it easier to drive especially on loose stuff.

As for why people would lock out slippers, at least from what I saw, it was the slipper fade on really high traction surfaces that was a problem in my opinion. I noticed that with my DEX210 using both durango pads and AE HD pads. This only went away when I tried the RC Shox garolite discs. Now, I use a slipper eliminator but to be honest I couldn't really tell a difference. Garolites were that good and no fade.

One vehicle that benefited from a center "diff" over a standard slipper setup was the SC10 4x4. vehicle became like a totally different car when it had the RC Shox center diff, however mind you, that was not a fluid filled gear diff.