R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Durango DEX210 Thread
View Single Post
Old 02-11-2016, 10:13 AM
fredswain
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by klowne
Hey Fred, I actually run one in the bomber class at Go Fast Raceway in Attica, IN. It is on facebook for the track page. Nice smooth dirt oval indoors. We use a spec foam tire and also 17.5 motor rule in that class. Really fun class my biggest issue I have to get out of it at the moment is the major chassis roll to the right rear. It causes the left front to lift completely off the ground in about middle of the turn and coming off. Problem with that is , the speed is compromised a bit too much with this happening. Some small things to work on that and it should be screaming.

I also use a kit made by bbmods aka brad brucker, for a sprint car as well for the dex210. Run a 13.5 in that as well. I will get some pictures of my setups tomorrow and post all three of them so you can kinda see what I am doing with my layouts. At the moment running on a tight budget hence trying to stretch the capabilities of the buggy as much as possible before having to do the upgrade to a new vehicle. One of the positives that I liked about the durango in the beginning was the fact I can go from either mid motor or rear motor, 3 or 4 gear, and also obviously run the motor plate on either side.
I own Raborn Racing Originals. It is a dirt oval company that was founded in 1991 originally doing oval conversions for the offroad cars of the day as well as building our own car, the Invencer. I'd run 3 gear mid motor with the spur gear on the right side. I'd also stiffen up your spring rates. The goal of dirt oval tuning is to have the equivalent amount of force on each wheel. Since you spend most of your time turning left and lots of time on throttle, lots of that weight gets shifted to the right and the rear. You stiffen the springs up on those sides to compensate. It won't be optimal for a straight line but you aren't in a straight line very often. The balancing act comes into play where you may find that if you hit the brakes the rear end swings around quickly so there's some experimenting to do. Your suspension will end up much stiffer than for offroad.