R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - TLR 8IGHT-E 4.0 Kit Thread!
View Single Post
Old 02-09-2016, 08:59 PM
Todd Hodge
TLRacing

Originally Posted by janisdaubergs
So I had 3.0 before.
While building 4.0 all was superb, except because of all new parts, kit is little bit stiffer (steering, because of new spindles and spacers and all the drive-shafts due to rubber protection), but I guess it will go away after 2-5 packs on truck.
All the camber link balls were not as stiff as on 3.0 and didn't need any pressing with pliers.
There was additional shim on center diff that goes under bearing, that eliminated center diff movement form side to side witch was good addition.

I personally have only 2 things I didn't like:
I could't find short ackerman in my kit.
And as I checked bleeder screws can't be bought separately - or at least they are not yet listed, this is bad as they tend to get damaged at least on 1/10 after many times of shock upkeep, and it's very bad if they cannot be bought separately.

Also if you want to mount tekin motor on it, as it mounts on 2 large screws (also new with 4.0) in order to get it in desired direction you have to unscrew motor upper plate and that screw it back on so wire leads could point to desired direction.
Attachment 1345562
Did you check the very last bag in your kit. The short ackerman bar should be there. If it's not, please call Horizon Product Support so they can send you one.

Originally Posted by Mikey72057
I've never owned a buggy and I've been a 4x4 sct guy but been looking into getting a 3.0 then I seen the 4.0 came out should I get a 3.0 or 4.0 I'm just curious if it's worth spending an extra 220 bucks on the 4.0 I'd really appreciate you guys opinion
If you are a serious racer that wants the latest developments and refinements of our car, then you should spend the extra money to get the 4.0. I can tell you that the adjustable center differential is a huge tuning option. Running the zero degree will give more steering due to the differences in the front and rear center dog bone angles. When running the 4.4 degree plate, the front and rear center dog bones balances the car out substantially. I believe racers that run on tight tracks will prefer the zero degree plate while racers that run on larger more wide open tracks will prefer the 4.4 degree as it will balance the car substantially.