R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread
Old 02-09-2016, 04:12 AM
ridgewaybodies
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Keep note as which direction you install the diff in the 4 gear vs 3 gear. The manual for my CE, it stated the bolt head of the diff to be installed opposite of spur gear. Well, I choose the three gear during the build and not thinking, installed the diff backwards. The supplement did not state what side. Figured it gets installed the same with both transmissions. Technically it does(bolt head passenger side). The wording "opposite of spur gear" made me install it opposite the spur on a 3 gear. After toasting a diff, looked at the FL manual and diff bolt head is supposed to be on right side. My guess it loosened ever so slightly right after I adjusted it. Some claim it won't loosen regardless of direction, but I believe it will. I kept thinking to myself that I'm adjusting the diff way too often and finally hit me, lol. Just something to keep in mind, especially CE builds that choose the 3 gear. IMO, the supplement directions need more detail.