R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Xray XB2 2WD Buggy Thread
View Single Post
Old 02-08-2016, 06:22 PM
suby723
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by WesRaven
I pre-apologize if this is a question that has been asked before, I don't have a lot of time at the moment to read through this entire thread (although I will soon). I'm seriously considering pre-ordering the dirt XB2 (about 90% there, was about to get a Schumacher KF2 but I reconsidered when I saw this car) and would like to pick up some basic replacement parts since I don't have any X-Ray stuff whatsoever. I'm primarily an on-road guy, and just wanting to play with off-road occasionally, so I'm not looking to go super insane with every hop-up, I just want to avoid ending a race-day early if I break something basic. Or if people have experienced issues with a part included with the car, I'd rather avoid issues and just buy the better part right off the bat.

Anyone have a list of recommended parts when starting off with this platform brand new? I will be running primarily 17.5 on a relatively large outdoor hard packed dirt track.

Edit: One specific question I have at the moment is what alloy servo arm works the best for this car? I assume it comes with a plastic horn, or none at all. Also, is there a preferred servo that easily drops into this car? I was considering a shorty to gain some space for the electronics. The last time I drove an off-road buggy was the RC10 when chassis space was plentiful and pretty much anything fit.
Buy an extra RR hanger for the car. It's a weak point but some will ague to the death that it's user error.