R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Xray T4 2016
Thread: Xray T4 2016
View Single Post
Old 02-03-2016, 05:02 PM
mschumi101
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Salkin
Well, I don't believe that I have to provide links to prove that both cars are very good, they are beyond a doubt some of the top cars on the market. Maybe the best two right now. In my opinion, of course.

In my "neck of the woods" Xray is all dominant, we have ourselves raced Xray, so I very well know the performance of the Xray. In my local club the racers range from Xray factory driver to top level national drivers to the beginner.

To be diplomatic in an Xray thread, our change to the Yokomo has not left us slower, and especially the new 2016 BD7 has in our club and national races "turned heads". It is that good.

That's why I responded to the statement, that the Xray were better than the BD7 on carpet. I can myself find no evidence that this should be true. Neither through our personal use and experience, nor in RC forums etc.

I wanted to be respectful in an Xray thread, that's why I wrote that both cars are very good. And I truly believe that.

My credentials? On national level we are near or in the top (depending on class), on international level (ETS) we are in the middle of the pack. If that is of any use to you ?
I wasn't trying to bash the Yokomo or start anything with my comments, it is a great car, orange is just my favorite color! But at the high levels you talk about I think all the cars are competitive and may come down to tenths between the chassis. I have seen many threads here on RC tech where people ask about which chassis to buy, and I have seen the general consensus is that the Xray has been better on carpet (in the past). I'm guessing these comments are from the average American club racer who doesn't place that well on the national level and can't extract the absolute maximum out of the car. Another way to interpret it is that the Yokomo may have a narrower setup window on carpet and the average racer has a difficult time tapping into its performance. But I have never owned a Yokomo, these were just observations from threads here on RC tech over the last couple of years.

And as Gravity Dodger mentioned Yokomo didn't have a great showing at one of America's top carpet races. Granted the brand is not as big over here, but that seems to be in line with the (American) consensus the Xray is better on carpet.