R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Serpent S411 Eryx 4.0
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2016, 12:08 PM
Andy63
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Johnny Wishbone
Sure. Going wide for stability, which also will numb the side bite of the car, which should help decrease the chance of grip roll issues. The lower roll centers again, will help lessen side grip of the car, again, chasing grip roll issues. It looks like he is trying to keep the car soft in the first part of the corner as the chassis rolls thru the corner but then he is trying to get the tires to bite in to prevent a push in the corner. Stiffer will work to a certain point then it will start to fight against you, also where the car is stiff in the chassis will dictate when its good or bad in different grip situations, whether thats tires or surface. The 2.0mm hard carbon chassis has a different weave which makes it feel stiffer, I suspect thats why he ran the 2.0mm top deck instead of the 2.5, which would generate to much grip. It looks like the tires that he is running have a slightly higher sidewall or a slightly bigger air gap, so the tire want to roll over more till it bites in too hard. It really looks like he is trying to find a setup that would not produce a grip roll issue, but still give some high speed steering, and not have to glue the sidewalls of the tires. Some other things to note on that setup, is its like he is trying to stick the front end of the car, but wants the rear of the car to flex more, again, almost like the 2 ends of the car are fighting against each other.
Thanks! Thats exactly what i thought about that setup sheet. What i meant in my previous posts was that the new chassies have so much flex it works against you, so a harder chassies then the 2.25 is the way to go to reduce the chances of grip roll? Thats what i think. And also what my latest test showed, also team drivers have told me that the new car is made for asphalt wich need more chassie flex to produce grip.
If i am wrong, please tell me, i want to learn :P

Latest post on my blog with setup sheet. www.andrefossto.wordpress.com