R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Durango DEX210 Thread
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2016, 08:24 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cain
cool! yeah, they could go alloy for sure there, though, they probably then would need to pick a wheel standard I guess for the hex.

Are these the ones you are using for b5 wheels?

Rear
DER-SB-ARW 1/10 Speedline Wheel (AE B4.2/B44.2/B44.3/B5/B5M/Losi 22/22 2.0/22-4) - (rear) - WHITE

Fronts
DER-SB-AFW DE Racing 12mm Hex "Speedline" 2.2 1/10 Buggy Front Wheels(2) (B5/RB6) (White)

I messaged exotek about exotek part # 1294 steering hub that was designed for the desc210 and here is their response:

Any thoughts on this? I am tempted on buying it, but its not a cheap option so would hate to have an expensive paperweight sitting here.

I decided to go with the B5 axles for now, found a place selling some for a $1 + shipping so I picked up 2 pairs for about the price of one after the shipping cost.
Yes I run both the Speedline ones you posted and also the 2.2 Borrego from DE racing. Not sure about the steering hub as on my stock ones I just have 2ea 2mm alum spacers like JP and Travis are using on my stock plastic hubs. No bump steer problems and no flexing problems so I didn't look at alum. steering knuckles. Only thing left I might change sometime is going to the Durango rear alum hubs but that is it. Pretty happy with the rest of my car at this time. I think my new springs will be in today to try or at least I hope and want to try a new rear camber position on the rear to the inner hole on the tranny case.