R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Durango DEX210 Thread
View Single Post
Old 01-27-2016, 10:06 PM
fredswain
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by WallyRC
Glad to hear it!!!
Fred, with your new indoor high bite track are you still running the HRC Block? I am too, have 2 mm spacer under the inner camber link and it's pretty smooth. May try 3mm next to see what it does??
I've never used the LRC block. On a high bite track you want to run a lower ride height. By moving the arm mounts down, you end up running a higher roll center per chassis ride height, hence the name of the block. However, at a low ride height you end up doing so with the chassis below arms level as measured from hinge pin to hinge pin. The force application point on the roll center goes to crap and your suspension loses control. Combine this with shocks that are nearly bottomed out or bottomed out in lean and there's no amount of adjustments that you can make to compensate for it. You'd want the LRC block on rougher dirt tracks. People have it backwards.

This is why I spend lots of time trying to correct things. If the geometry doesn't look right, tuning isn't going to do much. You'll end up trying everything and never getting it right. Unfortunately, my cars have more capability than my driving ability does!