R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - TLR 22 3.0 Race Kit Thread!
View Single Post
Old 01-25-2016, 10:10 PM
STLNLST
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

I've set back and read comments comparing the 3.0 to the B5 and my take is that the Losi in kit form will push and isn't a fair comparison the the B5 thatO ONE who answered can honestly say they are running the kit setup on the B5. We are all running a dialed setup that we were comfortable running and probably have been for quite some time.

After running the kit 3.0 setup I then put my B5 setup on the car and it came alive. The Losi was much easier to drive hard or laid back. It didn't become unsettled....very predictable buggy. IMO the 3.0 has more steering than the B5 (possible due to the gullwing front arms) Even with the steering the rear end was planted. Anyone that has changed rear anti squat or toe on the B5 knows it can be a P.I.T.A. without the Schelle accessories. 3.0 has pills in the rear just like the B5 but 2 screws gives total access to these changes while the B5 is a little more time consuming in kit form.

The good thing about the B5 is that most basic setups we ran worked at 95% of the tracks we ran at from low to highbite clay. Again....these setups took time to develop. So far Iv'e run the Losi at 3 different tracks at a different setup at all three as I'm seeing what makes this car tick. I figure that Losi must be doing something right as one of the local AE fast guys that has driven my car and watched the mod guys drive is selling his B5 and will be running a 3.0 this Friday.

Anyone who knows me will tell you I don't hold punches and will speak my mind. The biggest class in Northern Cali has always been 17.5 buggy and since the release of the B5 no one other than the occasional factory mod driver could get the 2.0 in the A-main at a club race. Yesterday had two 3.0's in the 17.5 A-main in the hands of regular racers. The car drives itself. Don't be afraid to try a few things not listed by a team driver. This car responds well to changes and if you're headed in the wrong direction you'll feel it.

With that being said......Go out and enjoy a great buggy and have fun at the track.