R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Yokomo YZ-2
Thread: Yokomo YZ-2
View Single Post
Old 01-25-2016, 02:12 PM
the incubus
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Beaker151
Since most of the soldering is direct connection with no connectors the larger diameter wire has less resistantance if you soldering is good. Its the more solder points that creates resistance more so than wire diameter.
Yes that's what I'm saying.

However, because the wire is thicker, simply tinning the ends of your leads means you already have a greater area containing the more resistive solder. So even if your solder points are flawless, the greater area should mathematically yield greater resistance given both gauges of wire are soldered identically perfect.

Originally Posted by rhodopsine
I wish I had the patience (and the talent) to paint bodies like that! Let us know how the body holds up after a few races. I really like the shape of it.

Martin Paradis
If you really want to do it, you will more than likely be able to. its just a matter of deciding you are going to do it and apply yourself.

The most crucial element in painting lids like this is PROPER application of liquid. If you brush it on it is a thousand fold more difficult to cut your design than if you spray your liquid mask. On bodies this thin, it is imperative to have it sprayed on because you need the uniformity to KNOW when you've cut all the way through. With a brushed LM you will cut through most areas but will have to go back over some thicker portions and it can lead to overdoing it, leaving you with deeply scored portions that require little encouragement to snap/break. You can use a cheap $30 automotive spray gun from Harbor Freight to apply LM. Just lay down 3 solid coats all the way to the edges and allow to dry in between application. I use a blow drier to speed up the drying.