Josh L
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by slowrider
I know, the SCT410.3 it's more of a Pro RC Race Car, but

1. I want a Kit to build by my self
2. I want to choose the components
3. I want a really good quality Kit

What I don't want: buy for the base car and replace 50% of the stuff by upgrades...

And now a have some questions and I'm interested in your opinion (I don't plan to use it in competitions, therefore no rules ) - and agin, please forgive me the somehow goof questions:
  1. Application: Am I completely wrong with my plan? Is there a chance to make the SCT410.3 Splash-wather resistent (Bearings! -> Sealed Bearings?)?
  2. Battery: I'd like to use a 3S Lipo. Possible? What capacity would you suggest?
  3. ESC: What do you think about the _waterproof_ version of the HW Rerun 120a 3.1?
    (Google for PN HWA30112121072)
  4. Motor: What do you think about the 3400KV version of the HW Rerun 3656 (remember: 3S) (Google for PN HWA90100000)?
  5. Servo: I would like to use my RC Heli Swash Servos (because I just have it already): JR Propo NX8925 -> 18KG/0.6sec (240oz/in) (Google for NX8925).
  6. What gear/pinion should I use? I do _not_ need a 70mph machine... now... but...
  7. What tires/wheels could you suggest for outdoor/non-track?
  8. What body should I choose? Proline? Bitty Design Black Hawk - or is it anyway all the same?
  9. What else do I need? RX Case (Sanwa MT4 -> Sanwa 461)? Servo horn (JR -> 23T, right)? Wheel Nuts?

Thank you very much in advance,
Raphael
I understand you love for building a high quality kit vs some half cheap RTR combo. I would do the exact same thing no matter if I was going to race or just beat the crap out of it doing stunts. You always make a better choice with a kit when quality comes to mind.

Anyhow, any and all short course bodies will work, some with slight modification if need be. I run the proline 64 ford body and love it. I even use it to race with and never have any problems. I do have to make a few extra relief cuts on the body to get it to fit low enough to be practical, but it's way worth it when others see it smoke their sleek looking SCT specific setups!

As for your motor, that is sorta mid/low KV for 3S use as a max cell count.
It will work without a doubt just fine, but would do a lot better as a 4s motor.
If you want to run a 3S I would go with something more on line with the 4000 KV if you really want to rip down the dirt.
Have a look at this combo> EZRUN 4000KV Combo
Another thing to consider is how well the internal BEC will be able to handle your servo. I ran an SCT-pro with the exact same (6v 3amp) internal BEC on my SCTE 2.0 with a Futaba HV-9352 digital servo, and it simply couldn't produce enough power on demand to run that servo consistently. I had to install a castle external BEC running 7.2v @ 10 amps to clear up the bogging I was running into.

Alternately, if you don't mind spending the cash you could just buy the motor you where looking at originally or the suggested 4000KV and go with the the newer EZRUN Max-8 ESC, which has a programmable BEC that can run upto 7.4v @ 6 amps, that can handle all the way up to a 6S if you ever wanted to use it in a monster truck setup in the future.
Make sure what ever you do, that the program board comes with it, so you can tune the ESC.

You will not want a battery much lower than 5000mah for 3S, or you will not run past 8-10 minutes, and you won't want one any larger than 7200 if you are concerned about the weight balance.

Keep in mind that the EZrun series ESC's are non-sensored also, so you don't necessarily need to go with an XERUN motor, but can if you like.

As for gearing, you can start with a 14-15t mod 1 pinion. Tekno makes about the nicest pinions out there, so I just buy one with the kit from them.

On 3S your truck will fly, and will run way more efficient than any of them on 2S. Hope that helps some more.