R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Kyosho Ultima RB6 & RB6.6 Car Thread
View Single Post
Old 01-18-2016, 03:45 PM
oPAULo
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kraig
I don't believe so. I have just purchased complete pieces or the drive shaft. Very rarely have I had to replace anything else.
I couldn't find anything.
Trying to save some money. The pucks setup lasts forever but can't get MIP axles anymore. Avid axles are half the price of KYO but don't come with the CVD parts. With just a little machine work I'm going to put Avid axles in MIP pucks drive shafts but need stock size CVD parts.
I just can't see spending 60 bucks on stock outdrives and drive shafts and axles when I got the whole car for 100.
MIP kinda messed up by inventing the pucks system because if you take care of them properly they really do last forever. My son beats the time out of his buggy. 3 dollars worth of pucks every now and then and it's good as new. Outdrives are still perfect. I have a whole new pucks setup for mine but zero spare axles so I'm saving the axles in case he breaks another one and trying to set mine up as cheaply as possible yet still have off the shelf stuff that doesn't require machine work.
I'm going to have to bite the bullet on something soon though. My stock shafts and outdrives are just about gone.