R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - HPI RS4 Sport 3
Thread: HPI RS4 Sport 3
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2016, 10:22 AM
Cudacharger
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bryangrizzlyohi
I was out of rc for a bit but when I entered back into thehobby i opted for the hpi brand over the team associated apex for simple reasoning of the quality of the hpi
rs4's I previously owned.. I like the chassis set up an have potentional to be a decent lil club racer..not compective aspect but just the out there enoying the hobby aspect. but I wish I wouldn't have purchased the two I did just do to the parts availability.. not to mention as well the bodies are very flimsy now an junk
Excellent point when looking back at HPI's RS4 history and previous models. If you've been in the hobby for awhile the club racing RS4 cars hpi produced in the 90's were some of the best in the business and the hpi challenge series for on-road were at an all time high. For those who participated from that era know what I'm talking about. The key with any older hpi Rs4 product was back then to have the foresight of parts availability ( hpi is zero in todays world with discontinued kit after kit) and start a collection/hoarding of spares as I call it so you can enjoy driving the car worry free of having to replace a rare broken part down the road. The newer models are what they are the hobby has really changed over the past two decades. Excluding Tamiya, I will say HPI produces some of the best looking on road bodies in the hobby is why I still own some of the new models they produce today. Just really sad to see the quality has dropped since the 90's.