R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - TLR 22 3.0 Race Kit Thread!
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2016, 12:03 PM
KINGZJ
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I have been running this car since it was released. I race 17.5 at my local high bite indoor track (trackside hobbies). I am usually an upper b main to lower a main guy and we usually have 40-50 drivers in our 17.5 class.

A few things I have noticed on the car that may help some. At minimum on high bite the longer vla is needed. I have gone to the extrememe and am running the inner hole on the carrier to the outer hole in the arm. THis brings the car to the maximum width (by roar) and just a tiny bit wider than the b5m. THis also increased the tie rod length which is what the car really needed. The car is now very easy to drive and the rear end just follows the front without introducing any push. I have a b5m lite and did a lot of coparrison between the 2 and the 3.0 is about 1/2 inch per side shorter on tie rod length in the front end. I would love to see some new carriers made to make the tie rods longer.

Another thing I did that helped my car a lot is to put a 1mm shim under the waterfall. This along with a thumb screw type battery hold down took all the pressure from the battery hold down off the battery and allowed the chassis to flex much more consistently. Before I had to push down on the hold down and force the clips into position. Many at my track have taken the hold down off completely and now tape their battery in place.

Jesse