R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Serpent S411 Eryx 4.0
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2016, 07:59 PM
corallyman
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

Originally Posted by irvinew
I'm considering upgrading my touring car in awhile; crazy question here

I'm not too familiar with Serpent; how does it compare with Xray for example on plastic
quality, slop and parts availability.

I'm sure its a great car though.
Good question but I feel a tad tricky to answer. Years ago I had three successive Xrays and they were fast and strong and built very well overall. I felt a strong value but when something did break or bend it was spendy to fix and that is why I tried other cars. I now run for Serpent and I've owned the S400, then the S411, then the S411 Limited Edition, then the Eryx 2.0, then the 3.0 and now I own a 4.0 Eryx. I feel that the car is as strong for me as my xrays were. I tend to wear out parts more so then break them. The car is much more affordable in most all areas. The cars have a good quality plastic now and many choices as far as options too. The fit is very good but probably not quite as good as Xray but that doesn't mean bad though, just from time to time a little sanding might be needed but its really good for the most part. If you raced for years though like I have, I remember back in the 80's and 90's where we all owned dremels and sanding polishes etc. It was very much test fit, sand then re try back then. Now most cars are very good in this area and I feel Serpent is near the Top for sure.

My Eryx 4.0 build is going very nicely, but I only have short amounts of time due to work for the time being.

Steve