R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya TB Evo 6
Thread: Tamiya TB Evo 6
View Single Post
Old 01-06-2016, 07:52 AM
ruebiracer
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by theproffesor
I raced mine in 17.5TC for a couple months. With a lightweight PF Dart body, I still had to add about 20g to get it to the ROAR legal 1380g. I was running a 5000mah smc and a HW 17.5. I think Othe motor weighs in at 172g which is a bit heavy. I'd say depending on battery and other electronics you'll be right at, or even a little under minimum legal weight limits. You can loose another 12g if you switch to the carbon drive shaft made by ewippler and lightweight front outdrives. You can loose even more weight by switching to a ball rear diff.

In the end, this car isn't exactly a feather weight, but it isn't a pig either. You should be just fine. You will probably need to worry about balancing the car vs trying to shed weight
Thanks for your infos Professor!
I´m not limited to Tamiya rules and running the TB03 in 21,5t Fun class at the moment. I try to keep rotating mass low, so I run a front balldiff converted to Spool with the Tamiya teflon blocks, which is nice and preventing a stripped gear during a hard crash. In rear I run a Spec R- gear diff, as it´s lighter as the std. TB04 gear diff. Ball diff would even be lighter, but I like the low maintenance of the gear diffs...

Still tempted to get te Exo conversion for better Ackermann geometry and all the nice Exo-features!

Br,
Matthias