R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor Thread
Old 01-05-2016, 01:22 PM
racer1812
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Chris Brown
Did some running at ocrc last night and played with camber links.I'm running the aluminum hubs and schelle rear camber link mount. Moved the links on the hub from the rear inner hole to the front outter and front inner. Moving the link to the outter hole definitely gave more roll. It did keep the rear from rolling in the corners. When I went to the inside hole, or shortest possible location, the rear was noticeably flatter and changed directions much quicker. I stayed with the shorter link because this is a high bite track (running electrons in mc sauced with wd40). With the longer link the car seemed lazy but easy to drive. I also had to use more brake to get it to turn, so I was able to get faster laps with a shorter link. That was what I noticed from running it.

In the front I'm running inner hole on both the tower and caster block. Didn't move the link but did take out the 2mm spacer. That tightened up the turning radius of the car and it helped the rear with changing direction faster. Just some observations. I think the best thing people can do is not be afraid to try different things. It's just one run: don't like it, change it back. Real world running does much more good than pages of talking about theory.....
I'm running ae oils and Springs. In the front I'm running 1.6 flat pistons with 30 weight and gray springs. Middle hole on tower and outside on arms. Rear is 1.7 flat pistons with 30 weight and white sptings. Middle hole on tower and inside hole on arms.
I was running white Springs in the front and 32.5 all around. Lightening the oil and stiffening the spring helped wake the car up. The car was stable and easy to drive, but seemed lazy. Changing the shocks and camber adjustments really allowed me to carry more corner speed. Didn't need to stab the brakes to kick the rear around. Played with diff settings to get the right amount of rotation too.
Awesome, now I've got a bunch of setup advice for a track I and 90% of the US will never race on. What about tires, because that's the other 90% of any setup...