R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - YOKOMO Touring Car BD-7
View Single Post
Old 01-05-2016, 07:20 AM
Racing4Evo
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by evochick
I need some setup help because I just cant get a set of tyres hooked up
This is now the second year where I have struggled at this event trying to get these 36 compound tyres to work, During a practice meet just out of curiosity I threw a set of 32 tyres on because they are what I usually use and the car was magic, happily 2nd quickest car out there very consistent to drive (0.1s overall) and really good corner speed. I then threw the 36's back on and 0.5-0.8 seconds a lap slower and well off the pace with a car that's horrible to drive to boot, just no rear grip, horrible turn in and push everywhere.

now I have slept on it I have made some changes for the event in 2 weeks that I think will help, just wanted a second and 3rd opinion as I am still terrible at setting up cars after all these years (ill admit it)

Setup from the 32's attached.

I am only racing now for fun but this is seriously doing my head in.... and making it not fun

Your droop is way off. You need to limit it to get heat into the harder tires. When my car is using harder tires like that I limit the up travel and run 6.5 Front and 6.0 Rear as a baseline and play with rear droop to match track conditions. More droop for more rotation and vis versa. Everything else on your setup is ok and won't make too much of a difference.

On hard tires you may also want to run at least 1mm Ackerman shim to get that aggressive steering response back.