R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - YOKOMO Touring Car BD-7
View Single Post
Old 01-03-2016, 05:31 AM
Wacker1
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by choisan
yeah, my friend been running the standard position since he had the kits about 10 days, say about 8 batteries a day, he changed the rear belt more than once already.
he mentioned that the original bearing is suck which is one of the factors and with a smaller pulleys, both contributed
The 2016 is my 5th BD7 in a row now & to be honest, I've always found that the 'Kit' Setup position of the Belt Adjustment Cams are far too Tight, virtually making the Front & Rear sections of the C/F Chassis to lift!
I think some Guys are running them 3 Clicks looser on the Front & Rear, but I've been running 2 Clicks looser for a long time now & found it works great!
I have'nt had to Replace the Belts for ages & it massively Frees the Transmission up, which is an extra Benefit if your running in Stock Classes!

With regards to running the New 2016, initially to me, it feels like it has noticeably more Overall Grip & is alot easier to Drive over a 5 minute Run, than the BD7 15 was! I'd really got to a good place over recent months though, with my 2015, which Pacewise, is currently still Quicker........more Testing with the 16 should Resolve that though!��