View Single Post
Old 01-02-2016, 02:55 PM   #17544
Jerm13
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65BAJA View Post
I ran the new car for the first time last night. It's a big difference going from 4x4 mod short course to 17.5 buggy. Anyway one thing I noticed was it had very little off power steering. I'm getting full steering lock to lock but the front end just doesn't seem to stick. What should be the first thing to change? It's set up box stock right now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtdog View Post
Tires. Car has lots of steering. Either wait for tires to break in or change tires.
Quote:
Originally Posted by a1 View Post
not enough info but i agree the steering is there you just got to tune it in.
Agree. Tires are always the first and foremost part to tune with.

We ran today, first "race" on the new layout and they didn't prep it. It was dry and dusty as hell. Had quite a bit of a push what we had earlier this week when we dialed the car in. We were running the kit set-up with 2 small changes. I ended up going to a short wheel base and the 2 hole rear hub insert mounted inside hole. Car rotated a ton better but not uncontrollably. May have even needed to go one more hole in, but we were fighting electronics all day. Found out that the controller was the issue.
RC Pro Racing VA, Awesome Hobbies(RIP), Debbies RC World VA, Thunder Alley Raceway NC
Jerm13 is offline   Reply With Quote