R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tekno RC SCT410.3 Thread
View Single Post
Old 01-02-2016, 09:24 AM
JonnyW
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Electrics?

I used to race 1/8 nitro buggies hard core for a several years prior to kids. And now am looking to start back up after a couple years out. Since my sons are now 9 and 6. So the reason this is here is because I have pretty much settled on the 410 as the replacement for my oldest sons ragged out 5 year old Slash.(His little bro got a new Slash from Santa) He has been killing it on the local indoor carpet track. Including TQing and winning his first race against grown men with very expensive buggies and highly modded SC trucks. The 410 seems to be 1/8 buggy with small wheel hexes and bumpers😀. So it's a very durable and familiar platform for me. His birthday is in a month and a half. So I need advice on what electronics to put in this thing. I am pretty much a noob on the electric side of things. And am looking for a good value package in esc/motor combos. And what batteries fit this chassis the best. I know it seems everybody likes the Tekin rx8 stuff. But that's outta reach for me at this point. What are some good less expensive options?