R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Serpent S411
Thread: Serpent S411
View Single Post
Old 12-31-2015, 05:02 PM
Benzaah
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (96%+)

Originally Posted by swerv512
So much good information being disseminated in this thread and rctech as a whole. Makes me want to read the other 4k posts here before I ask yet ANOTHER question, but here it goes.

Trying to figure out of my rear sway bar... With the set screws on the ends of the sway bar loose, it appears to work ok. But when I tighten the set screws only one side appear to affect the other????

Another question. I run the two set screws on the sway bar mount (near the center keeper thingy) really loose. How tight should these be?
You should set up the 2 small set screws in the Cross brace to be as tight as possible as they will give your sway bar A nice even action. 1st make sure the 2 insets that sit on the bulkhead are the same. I like to use the largest ones that come in the kit. Loosen the sway bar ends and the centre locator and pivot the sway bar up and down as you evenly tighten the grub screws. You'll find a point where they bind the sway bar so you want to back of a hair from there. You want to check the whole action of the bar up and down and You'll get to a point where there will be a tiny amount of play up and down as the bar sits against the grub screws. Once you have this even you can then tighten up the centre locator and check the sway bar so its centered. You will find this locator can bind up a bit too so check again thru the whole action that it's free as it can be tweaked and not sitting straight in the locator guides. If you have the plastic holders you can give the edges off that a touch with some wet dry to smoothe it up. Now as you set up the ends check at first with only the arms attached. Obviously you want the ends to be as close to the same length as possible. I'm using the ends off the new 4wd buggy as they are much easier to adjust in height. Once the bars are free and even height you can set the bars evenly with much greater ease. I do this when they are unloaded then I will the reassemble the back end and run it like that. Playing around again once it's all assembled can consume massive amounts of time for IMO little gain. A ball end that's a bit more bound up than the other or parts that aren't exactly the same weight will effect the ability to perfectly match up the sway bars once the rear is fully assembled.

Hope that helps. Regards Benzaah.