R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread
Old 12-31-2015, 06:10 AM
Jon Carlson
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Originally Posted by man1ac
Just got back from my first indoor carpet session with my B5. Broke the damn chassis. Thats why I am thinking of getting the B5 to B5m Conversion Kit.

I mostly run on a local clay track. I can't tell if the grip is medium / low / high, due to it's completely dependend to the weather.
We had 4 weeks sunshine, the clay dusty like hell. Then it rains every vew days and the clay stays wet constantly, you have super nice grip.

So I dont know If the upgrade to the B5m would be a good idea (I would repair my chassis of the B5 with the B5m to B5 kit, because it costs just 10€ more, but has damn lot more parts included).

Any suggestions?
I run my B5mFL on outdoor loamy tracks. It's really all about the tires. I had both kits, B5 and B5mFL, at the track. The B5 had a slight rear bite advantage but the B5mFL was just so smooth and easy to drive. The B5 breaks loose more violently. I don't think you'd be disappointed with the B5m conversion. I would keep the tower and arms from the B5 though. Use the rear arms too, just put the L arm on the R of the car and vice versa.