R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Xray X1 - Formula One Car
View Single Post
Old 12-28-2015, 07:29 PM
F N CUDA
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by robk
So is the track green? If so, the aluminum chassis might not be helping you. In fact, you might be pushing because of the lack of grip.

You can always make the shock longer to get more droop. More camber. More toe out....
Originally Posted by chensleyrc1
I sauce more on the front. Up to the full tire minus 10mm of the edge. Also I usually run either Tamiya super soft or Ride super soft springs in the front. The car is a little edgy, but steers and settles in as the tires start to warm up. I also run 2 degrees of camber. I ran this on the old CRC grey carpet and the new CRC black carpet. Don't know how this compares to the ETS stuff.
You could also try to remove the 3 shims in the middle posts under the graphite plate that adjusts caster. That will give you a little more reactive steering as well.
Originally Posted by sbd
I would put black rear side springs and heavier oil (500) in the side shock. If you dont have the harder rear side springs just tighten the gold once a little bit (say 0,5-1 mm).
I like all these ideas too.

Wondering why you only sauce 1/2 fronts if no steering?

Also, for me, stiffer side springs or more preload as mentioned above will get that front wheel down and should get you to the point where the rear wheel will lift, then go between so both wheels stay down. Or the car flips
Then sauce less of the front tires again.