R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - TLR 22 3.0 Race Kit Thread!
View Single Post
Old 12-28-2015, 06:29 AM
onadcr74
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by fantomdude
Is it just spinning out or is it like hooking? I run on high bite damp clay with slicks and mine had so much steering I would turn in the front suspension would bottom out and spin the car. I put some kyosho golds that I use to run on my 2.0 and it was great. You could also try the Chris Wheeler setup it lengthens the front camber links and adds stiffer front springs. I don't know if this is what your problem is just throwing out an idea.
Originally Posted by 303slowdown
The shocks will probably need rebled , I built mine with no rebound and after practice and 1 round the shocks had 100% rebound. Others have had this happen too so definitely check shocks.
Originally Posted by cornerspeed
A set up suggestion you can try is to lengthen the front camber link (inside hole on camber block #1). I ran this on my car last night for the main, so much easier to drive for me. It pushed a little and was really smooth. Had my fastest lap and overall. Much more consistent. Thanks to my team mate for the suggestion

I am a nitro 1/8th scale driver, so I'm used to a heavier, more planted 4wd car. Give it a try. Easy to change.
Hey guys, just an update. We went to a "big" race this weekend and loosened the diffs and I checked my shocks and yes they had magically, somehow, acquired 100% rebound, but guess what? Fixed all that and wa la, traction again! My son was able to Q2 but an early mistake took him outta contention. I was really sick but went anyway and finished like 16th outta 20. Just couldn't drive for nothing but one positive was for me that in the B main I drove all 6 minutes without one mistake so I was somewhat satisfied with that. This was our first "real" off road race in about a year (had to take off for financial reasons) so the finishes, I guess, were to be expected. We to, come from 1/8th scale and carpet where traction is more abundant. I was thinking about lengthening the front camber length because I know the stock location is a more reactive position.
Guys, thanks again for all of your input and help. It is much appreciated! Now to get to feeling better and get back to the track and get some more laps in!