R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Xray XB4 thread
Thread: Xray XB4 thread
View Single Post
Old 12-28-2015, 12:56 AM
BentKa
Tech Master

Originally Posted by RobsRacin
So ive been trying to dial my car in the past 2 days at the track, which is a medium bite hardpacked soil track, so far im running the kit setup as far as shock package goes, and have tried 8,60,8 for the diffs. I am after getting the rear of the car to be more locked in and the front to be a little less twitchy. I also noticed that I wanted more low speed steering for getting around the tight 180's as I would need to slide the car to get it pointed around the inside of the corner. The 7 up front helped with the low speed steering and I feel like the rear hasnt improved(although theoretically I may have gone backwards with the fluid to try and correct my issue?) I need to drill a set of pistons for 2x1.6 and 2x1.7 as I think that will soften the rear up as well as smooth out the front of the car. Any other suggestions? Thanks guys
For low to medium grip dirt / clay we run 1 dot springs front and rear, 2x1.6 / 600 cst front and 2x1.7 / 500 cst rear.

Get your center diff oil up to at least 300.000 cst or preferably 500.000 cst (we run 1.000.000 cst most of the time).

If you are running the '16 model also get the medium side guards (#361265) and medium front and rear chassis braces (front #361294 / rear #361295) as this will give you more chassis flex and much better traction for low to medium grip tracks.

Bent