R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - TT-01 Forum
Thread: TT-01 Forum
View Single Post
Old 12-27-2015, 09:07 PM
djfourmoney
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by djfourmoney
Hugo, I just bought a used TT-01D Type E. It's missing quite for things (motor, motor mount, D parts, body post, motor pinion, turnbuckle wrench, esc) for $40US.

You sanded down the bevel gears in the diff?
Missing quite a few things is an understatement.

All total -

Parts Three A and D

A for the body post, D for the chassis brace that between the picture posted on CL and when I picked up the car it was missing.

Had I known I needed D I could have maybe just worked with the stock plastic motor mount. But I bought A before D so I got a 3 Racing Alum motor mount.

I needed a body and wheels/tires for regular grip on-road driving.

All total said and done with paint and ESC = $200

Not sure if it's the screaming bargain someone said on URC. Considering it's still not done (98% painted, mirrors, wing, light bucket painting and installation all left).

Especially when I wanted a to get a TT-02 RTR with old shocks and ball bearings for $217 from Japan. If I had known I could get a package from Japan in about 8-10 working days I would have done it.

I but I got lured into building and get more rather than purchasing already built and spending more to get less.

So I got -

TT-01D Type E roller (somewhat) - $40
XV-01 Gazoo GT86 kit - $112 ($126 shipped with tax)
TT-01 Type E Evo VII Japan kit (no ESC) - $112 free ship and no tax (Amazon).

Total - $538

None of the more advanced chassis are available RTR, so I would have to put together the XV-01 anyway. Maybe I should have waited a little longer, I see among Tamiya 2016 releases there's going to be a re-re of the Subaru WRX Monte Carlo rally car on the TT-02 chassis.

No pictures yet so I don't know which body they are planning to use.

Anyway enough of the complaining -