R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tekno RC SCT410.3 Thread
View Single Post
Old 12-22-2015, 01:56 PM
justpoet
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 65BAJA
Drove the .3 for the first time last night. Need help with a couple of things. Currently the rig is set up to stock specs.

1. The cap screw on the steering links was rubbing on the rim. I removed the two washers it says to install above the link ball and that fixed the issue.

2. Very sharp low speed/ off power turning.

3. Not enough on power steering.

4. Traction rolled a couple of times. I reduced the droop front and rear and it seemed to help. I didn't have a ruler or a caliper to measure my exact droop so I know I need to do that.

I've read the set up manual for my old SCTE but I'm not sure where to start here. I'm running on a mid sized indoor clay track. Currently my lap times are 19-22. The fast guys are running 16-17.
1) Yep, or put in a button head.

2) The steering stop limiters are indeed to help this and consistency. I personally don't run them though right now as I like the hard turn in to break it loose and throttle drift the corners on the low bite dusty track I'm on. On other tracks I do more turning on late brake and then throttle out hard. The limiters have instructions in the EB48SL manual that talk about them. The holes in the spindle's leverage arms are for this.

3) There are a few things here, but common ways to pick up more steering everywhere are to reduce front kick up, increase rear anti-squat, or to shorten and raise the front inner camber link, or lengthen the rear (which will give more traction overall, but cause more of a drift all over in most driving situations and styles). Reducing front droop can also help with this as less weight will transfer off of the front wheels.

4) Traction rolling is generally controlled with:
a) stiffer anti-sway bars (on the end that is digging in and making it roll)
b) more static camber so you tend to slide instead of catch and roll
c) being careful not to go sideways where there are ruts on the track
d) limiting droop to reduce maximum roll angle
e) lowering ride height

I think we talked about the screws at the track, so please feel free to ask anything whenever.