R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread
Old 12-21-2015, 10:06 AM
QDRHRSE
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 515 (100%+)

Originally Posted by greener74
I’ve been chasing a setup issue in my car and I can’t seem to get it straightened out. It’s a B5M with a 4 gear trans. Weighs 1645 with 62% in the rear. Both C and D brass blocks with an additional 14g on the bottom of the rear tower. White springs all around with 27.5 oil (kit pistons) blockade tires with worn out white foams. Top shock position outside. -1.5\-2 camber. Transverse battery all the way back. I’ve experimented with hub position (front and back) camber rod length (long and short) with shims 0 to 3mm, kick angles and toe settings 3+1 and 3.5+2 I’m running on a tight dirt indoor track, low to medium grip. What’s happening is every time I exit a corner and give even the slightest amount of throttle the back end snaps out on me. Tire choice seems to help a little but I haven’t been able to get it where I think it should be. I’ve driven other mid motor cars on the same track, (yokomo/Losi) and they seem to be fine. I’m running a 13.5 motor geared at 78/19 with added ESC timing, no boost, and -10% throttle expo. I thought it might have been my motor, esc, and gearing choices but it’s very smooth and linear. And the car is good at speed, but corner exit on throttle is a handful. And I’m talking very light throttle. I’m thinking about setting it back to stock and starting over. I’m also going to go check to see if I can find a low grip setup somewhere and give it a try. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
That seems like the gearing is a little steep. I'd put the esc in blinky and start your gearing at 30/75 and go from there. There are a lot of other things that you could try......what oil & springs? How much droop?

I also think that one of the other posters has misinterpreted roll center. Roll center is all about the angle of the link. In most cases if you lower the inside you'd be lowering the roll center by reducing the angle of the rear link. we can argue about it all day but roll center is really all about the link angle....a longer link, more roll, reduces the angle of the link....more traction longer link. Less traction, shorter link, typically steeper link angle, higher roll center. Maybe I have it backwards, but I doubt it, regardless....I'm willing put myself out there for everyone to criticize.

Last edited by QDRHRSE; 12-21-2015 at 10:45 AM.