R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tekno RC EB48.3 Thread
View Single Post
Old 12-18-2015, 03:22 AM
qstorm777
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Carter Flotron
It just occurred to me that no one has actually answered your questions yet. I have not had issues with finding steering, but I was with Tekno when the .2 cars were current so I know how they react to certain changes pretty well.

I am still running something that is very close to the Wicked Weekend NB setup, but now that the team has figured out a couple more things with the vehicle setup there have been some key changes I've made. The changes I can remember off the top of my head are:

- 2.3mm front sway bar instead of 2.4mm, helps a lot with mid corner push
- 4 steering limiters instead of 2, for consistency and stability
- Less droop, Usually around 120/135 but varies depending on driver and track. Less droop=less weight transfer
- Thicker diffs, such as 997. Helps a lot with stability and reducing the twitchy feeling the cars can have sometimes. Also improves forward drive and can help the car pull over small bumps better
- Camber/Ride height. I personally prefer cars with a bit less camber and a lower ride height, which reduces side to side weight transfer while maintaining grip because the car has to roll over a shorter distance to get the ideal contact patch. On the opposite end of this, drivers that drive aggressively or with a lot of throttle may like more droop, more ride height, and more camber because the car will transfer more weight in corners and under acceleration which can produce more grip

Hopefully this helps!
Thanks!!! My next move was to go to 2.3 swaybar up front. I hadn't thought about droop and camber. Did think about lowering front ride height and going to 1 or 1.5 deg toe out. I had assoc 7K in front and center diffs and kit 5K in rear diff. Just got done changing eb diffs to ptrc 7K front and center. My understanding was that Assoc diff oil is thicker than ptrc and the kit diff oils so I thought that may be causing some problems. Im going to try that out and, if it that doesn't feel right, go up to 997. Is Assoc diff oil really like 2K stiffer than the kit diff oil?

Last edited by qstorm777; 12-18-2015 at 05:41 AM.