R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 1st RC for a 5 Year Old
View Single Post
Old 12-17-2015, 03:08 PM
brandon1116
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I got my 5 year old son a traxxas telluride last year and he loves it!! Many people over look this vehicle but it works out perfect for him!! Many things drew my attention to it for one it's 4wd which is a must for a 5 year old "grass" Second thing I liked is the esc has a training mode which gives you 50% power until they get the feel for the truck. Next bonus is that I own a summit and wanted something he could follow me around with trailing and very suprising it can hold its own in that aspect as well, check out some YouTube vids of it if you don't believe me!! Brushed motor so it's not crazy fast but if you put a 2s lipo in it I bet it gets close to 30 and being waterproof is a bonus as well!! It's based off the stampede so if he or she gets sick of it I'm pretty sure it can get converted to a stampede fairly easily and they have a new truck!! Good luck with your decision and I hope this helps. Another note if you would like to get him or her racing early don't over look the losi mini 8ight it's a great little buggy for the price. It's pretty funny watching such a small little car make sc trucks look silly on a track!!