R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - TLR 22 3.0 Race Kit Thread!
View Single Post
Old 12-17-2015, 06:34 AM
Rabidtrout
Tech Adept

Well, after some careful consideration and some advice here. I picked up the 3.0. I had been going back and forth on it for quite some time. Saw that they had one in my LHS.. I let it sit there for about a week before I pulled the trigger. Went in to the weekly club race and it was still there, so as fate would have it, I grabbed it.

Took me the better part of two nights to put together. Wasn't setting any records and it was my first TLR kit that I have put together, so I wanted to take my time. What a great build that was. The fit and finish was unlike anything else I have had my hands on.

Ran it last night for the first time. Box stock with box setup, on my outdoor clay track, it was quite the car. It just wanted to be pushed. I am pretty sure that I was beating my lap times that I was used to with my B4.2, I know I could push this car waaaay harder than I could my B4. I am by NO means the best driver out there, but I feel like I am getting better and with this car, it will make me a better driver overall. It just went wherever I wanted it to go. Only really wrecked once. Front straight jump. Nose in the sky. Landed on the back right wheel. Was just waiting for the snap sound. NOTHING.. Just blipped the trigger and off it went.. I couldn't believe it.

I would like to thank Frank Root and the entire community here for selling me on this car. Franks support and presence here are one of the main reasons I was so interested in this car. This level of support has been unheard of from any of the other manufacturers. This car is amazing and I can't wait to get some more wheel time with this thing.. Good thing i'm off work all next week!