R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya TB Evo 6
Thread: Tamiya TB Evo 6
View Single Post
Old 12-17-2015, 04:41 AM
RollingChicane2
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

[QUOTE=theproffesor;14309240]The rear of the car is pretty locked in. It does sometime have feel of being loose, but, that's only when the front carves in hard.

A few of the guys I race with went to Cleveland over Thanksgiving weekend
and the traction up there was unbelievable. They were gluing their entire front sidewall and first row of treat to try and take out grip. The carpet was the newer CRC carpet which sounds like it has crazy grip.

I use to set my cars up to work with VTA tires that were well worn but I think it just scrubs too much speed. Early this year I made the set up changes to work with new tires all around and as soon as they start to break in and show moderate signs of wear, I switch to a new set. I have found this keeps my car and set up more consistent. I think the wear of the VTA tires can dramatically pick up grip and require major set up swings from new to old.

USGT however is a completely different animal. Anybody have any proven break in tricks that work? I just dremel off the seam and soak in a sealed bag of paragon for a week or two. I recently had a set of tires that was just about perfect when during a race it started acting really weird and making a weird noise. After the race, I picked up the car and found that I had cut a front tire somehow (debri on the track ?) coming up the side wall and about 1/4" into the flat portion of the tire and about an inch long! I hate it when I ruin a nearly perfectly broken in set of tires (on Exotek rims none-the-less!)