R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tekno RC EB48.3 Thread
View Single Post
Old 12-16-2015, 11:28 PM
Fasttrak
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by jason07
What was throwing me off is the Hudy setup station I have. It tells you to check droop with the wheels off and measure under the threaded portion of the wheel hub. You can't do this and get the proper droop settings (shock length) so I will just eliminate that extra step.

I appreciate everyones help.
It all takes some time to get your head wrapped around and there is definitely a learning curve to this whole thing. I still consider myself a novice even after several decades doing this. The Hudy setup for droop uses two aluminum 30mm blocks you place under the front and rear of the chassis and some special blocks that read the droop. It is just easier to read the eye-to-eye measurement with the chassis sitting on something to keep the arms off the ground and completely unladened. I do have the blocks and the sliding scale and it is just way easier to use calipers and measure that way. Plus, all the setup sheets on the Tekno site will use the eye-to-eye measure opposed to the actual droop reading.

The actual droop reading would be a measurement of suspension travel past the point it has at ride height (fully laden suspension). I forget exactly what mine was with the Lutz setup but it was something like 24mm and 26mm.