R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Yokomo YZ-4
Thread: Yokomo YZ-4
View Single Post
Old 12-16-2015, 02:02 PM
Norse
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Antimullet
#1.Put all belt tensioners to full loose settings but leave them on. Then run the snot out of the car. It really needs a race or two and you'll notice the drivetrain frees up a ton. Also use the 87 stock spur. And gear accordingly. I tried an 84 and it caused way to much drag and torque loss.
Remove any drag brake from your radio. These steps will solve your issue. You can free it up more by going to the narrow setup which is what I did.

#2 Make sure tire choice is correct. Then try a square pack that's what I run and it is hooked up. I like my cars a little heavier and settled feeling. This light crap is for AE fanboys that spend a ton of money on worthless mods. (I'm joking here don't flame AE guys). Or am I?????

#3 I haven't noticed this issue yet. But if I do get it first thing I'd do is glue the plastic inserts into the aluminum bulkhead. I had to do this when I ran Serpent cars they did this notoriously. When the plastic wears out just knock them out of the bulkhead and put new ones in.
+1 on the square pack. Saddle packs work great as well.