R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Serpent S411
Thread: Serpent S411
View Single Post
Old 12-15-2015, 01:21 AM
Benzaah
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (96%+)

Originally Posted by swerv512
On the topic... My front c-hub is also unbearably tight. I'm not sure if the pin hole needs reaming out or if I need to sand some material off. I notice when setting the car up that the arms are super free before installing the c-hub on the front. Once installed the movement is very tight.... Going to take a tad bit of material off around where the c-hub pin to see if that helps.

With regards to the arm and chub binding, the quality of the latest plastics is much better than what we used to deal with. It's only Every now and then you get either an arm or a c hub that's tight, like the plastic didn't set properly and it's slightly warped and binds the pin into the arm. unfortunately sounds like you have both. I've tried a few different ways to fix this over the years and if you sand the outside or ream the entire hole in the C hub it creates uneven surfaces and it will be free but will have more slop.

I've found that if you get your body reamer and lightly ream both sides of the c hub and then give the arm a very light sand just around the inside edge of the arm as pictured you can eliminate most if not all bind. I also ream the steering knuckles before I install them as I like those to be super free too.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	123.4 KB
ID:	1335270