R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - TLR 22 3.0 Race Kit Thread!
View Single Post
Old 12-14-2015, 07:19 PM
Fasttrak
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by FPMX772
Anyone weigh this car yet ready to run with a shorty pack and no hop up Ti stuff?

Stock with a fairly heavy servo, MKS HBL575, and a heavy ESC, Reedy 410R, mine came in at 1548 using an Orion shorty 4,500. This buggy would be pretty easy to outfit with stock light items to make the 1,499 weight. I doubt it would take as much titanium as my B5M took to get near there.

This last weekend I opted to drop the 17.5 and try out a 10.5, small indoor clay track with some technical jumps made the lower turn much more enjoyable. After five battery packs I finally broke something. Weekends mean a ton of new drivers and tons of short course on the track, I enjoy it as it makes me pick lines and work through traffic at speed when many of them are very unpredictable in the lines they hold and drive. On the fifth battery I was pretty dialed in and real comfortable moving around the track and through traffic when one of the fathers corner marshaling stepped out onto the track with out looking right at the end of the straightaway, no time to avoid I hit his ankle square on wide open. I thought it would be several parts as it was a dead stop smack, only broke the front shock tower to my surprise. I hate to see what his ankle looked like Monday morning