R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tekno RC EB48.3 Thread
View Single Post
Old 12-09-2015, 11:31 PM
Fasttrak
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by jason07
I messed with the neutral width a bit but I don't know what will get me more grunt down low.

The neutral width has nothing to do with getting your motor to produce torque. It is used to adjust when throttle\brake engages past neutral on your throttle trigger. Playing with this and making the number too small can mess up engaging brake and even mess with the initial positive throttle engagement. I do not have my buggy or Hot Wire in front of me but I believe for my M12S I settled on a setting of 9. At this setting my brake and reverse engages cleanly and the on throttle engagement was clean with out any odd hesitation. I had reduced the number to like 5 and reverse would usually not engage and had an odd hesitation just past neutral going into forward.

I put the current limiter at 100 also. I just need a little schooling here.

This setting does exactly what it sounds like, reduces the max amount of amps allowed to be put through the ESC. For most situations less is more, sounds odd but reducing power output can make the buggy easier to drive and be consistent and with your setup you should not be lacking any power. I have my current limiter set to 80 on my 2S setup and I am not lacking any grunt from a dead stop or out of the corners. On 4S you should be pulling pretty damn hard from a dead stop right to top speed.

I have a Dx4 pro and I changed the frame rate to 5.5 and I did re bind. (If that matters)

Never used Spektrum equipment but I am guessing this is just a setting to set how many packets of information is being sent and received in a given time frame. This should have no effect on acceleration.

Here is my setup

Tekno eb48.3
Rx8
Tekin 1900kv
5000 mah 4s
HiTec 7950 servo
16T pinion

Any help would be appreciated

I don't run my buggy 4S, it is used on a small indoor clay track and is limited to 2S but what I have seen from others posting here, you should be using a pinion closer to 18 tooth with your setup and motor KV. I am sure Justpoet or some others will give you more specific advice so hold tight, they have a ton of experience on this chassis running 4S and I bet a couple even use Spektrum.

One other thing to test is your drive train being smooth and free of any odd friction. Remove the wheels and the pinion, place the car on a stand and test how smoothly the entire drive train rotates. Mine is butter smooth, as smooth as can be expected from the high drag rate of a 4 wheel drive buggy with three silicone filled diffs. Any odd friction will be pretty apparent.

Last edited by Fasttrak; 12-09-2015 at 11:37 PM. Reason: One other thought: