R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - What is the point of 17.5 blinky class?
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2015, 06:03 AM
JerryRigged
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

That for the responses, guys!

Sorry for my late response, I got busy yesterday, and them my phone did a post fail...

Honestly, I think this might be the first positive post I have seen on the blinky classes. I am glad to hear people enjoy the class, and can be competitive without spending a huge amount of money. Looks like I will need to make the drive to the "local" 1:10 track and check out the action for my self.

My slow car comments were based on some youtube car reviews - the poster would say "I tested this car in the 17.5 blinky class" And in the vid, few of the cars could clear even small doubles. But then, maybe I have just been watching too many 1:8 race vids, where the cars can jump 20' with only a 5' running start.

Also thinks for the reminders that the "golden age" was not always so golden. I didn't chase motors as hard as a lot of people, I didn't have a lathe, and had the goal of making the season on 2 motors. I would still cut brushes, tweak springs, polish comms, cycle batteries, and probably a lot of other stuff I have forgotten...

Thanks again all-

Jerry