R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Kyosho Ultima RB6 & RB6.6 Car Thread
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2015, 05:22 AM
Jason.Dias
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by eper
my tranny is very free. i understand what u are saying 100% with shimming it to not twist or force anything in a certain direction. i measured the tranny rear mount height and my rear tower bulkhead height and this is what works in the back of my car. maybe it has to do with there allowable tolerances i dontknow
Hmm, I am not sure how it would be free, unless it's not tightened all the way? I am a stock racer, so our definitions of "Free" could be a little different, for example with the pinion removed from the motor, no tires, a Schelle spur with slipper eliminator, and ceramic bearings, mine will spin for 46 seconds with a decent flick. It's so free it would actually rock back n forth with the wheels on if they're out of balance.

If I were to run 0 shims (which I did for a long period of time when the RB6 was first released) my transmission was completely bound up until I added shims between the transmission mount and the bulkhead, they're difficult to slide in place, but I highly recommend you add them, if anything for the peace of mind that it's all solid, and secure.

But if it works they way you got it, then no sense in changing anything