View Single Post
Old 12-02-2015, 04:26 PM  
markt311
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OriginalDonk View Post
Looks like JC is offering many of their new tread designs in 60mm (similar to 2.4, VTR, EVO) for both 2WD and 4WD buggies (e.g. Smoothies and Reflex). Paul replied on a previous page that they're not likely going to release 2.2 Smoothies. While stock guys are definitely running 60mm/2.4, many of the mod guys in 2wd and 4wd are still running 2.2's at my local tracks (OCRC, LRH, etc.). I tracked down Maifield's Surf City OCRC setup and it says he was running 60mm front and 2.2 rear. Odd.

Have people transitioned over to 60mm across the board elsewhere in the U.S.? Just picked up a new wheeler and eyeing some 60mm Bar Flys to run on my 2wd and 4wd buggies though I'll probably be an odd man out. Maybe it's because people run AE or TLR wheels for the most part and stick with the 2.2s?

I have found that 60mm fronts have a little less overall grip than 2.2, I've run 60mm front/2.2 rear when I need a little less initial turn in. The foams, being thinner are a little less progressive. They may have similar levels of traction, but 60mm break traction a little more abruptly. This is just my experience, yours may vary. The only way to know is to try them all and come to your own conclusion.
markt311 is offline   Reply With Quote