R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tekno RC SCT410.3 Thread
View Single Post
Old 11-30-2015, 05:56 PM
Josh L
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ResultsRC
Anyone know if tekno sells a tuning kit like losi use to do for the 1.0 scte. This kit at this level of racing should have come with the alum pin holders,carbon towers and alum shock caps,can all this be bought together for a reasonable price?

That body looks really square on both ends,why do you feel like it rights itself more often than the stock body?
How many are using the hw4700 with success in this truck?
The top is tall and sorta rounded on the corners, usually enough to allow inertial energy from a roll to flip right back to it's wheels. Obviously you try not to roll, but if and when you do it's sorta cool to not need a turn over man half as much as one would with the typical bodies.
But like I said before in regard to handling and air borne maneuvers, the real trick with these bodies is knowing how to line them up more rearward so that the front bumper stay outside the grill, but just barely.
Once you get the body pin holes where you want them, then put a normal body back on (assuming you have that one set right) and measure from the top of the wheels to the bottom of the fenders for easy clearance reference. Put the 66 body back on and bring the body down to meet those clearances. Only then should you start trimming off the forward front fenders like I did in the pictures. Front body bumper is trimmed completely off.

As for the hobbywing 4700, that is a great motor. Hands down one of the best out there for this class. If you are running tighter indoor, you might want to go lower KV for a slight edge with punch out the corners and more efficiency, but honestly I have never felt under powered in any circumstance with mine on 15,16,and 17t pinions, track depending of course. You will want to keep the timing pretty much dialed out to 0, with a 3-4 punch. That is about the most well rounded power band with a 16t. Only come up in timing if your running open long sweeping tracks. If your blowing out with wheel spins, lower the punch and it will smooth right out. Don't go lower than 6500 75C packs if you plan to make it past a 8-10 minute mains.

Last edited by Josh L; 11-30-2015 at 06:46 PM.