R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - TAMIYA M-06 Thread
View Single Post
Old 11-30-2015, 12:25 PM
hispeedguy
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Aitutaki
in addition: to prevent grip rolls, a good choice is to glue the front tires on the sides... this is the most helpful tuning for us here and our TEC Races...
+2 on this tip. I race at CRC Raceway in upstate NY. The installed their new Fastrack II carpet before the season started and the grip is unbelievable to say the least.
I sort of hate to admit I have several Mini's (methinks I have a problem) but I race the M06, which is the one I prefer.
What I found this season in a high grip situation is, CA glue on very outside bead of tire and up the sidewall about 2mm for front tires. Sauce only inside 3 or 4 beads. Sauce all of the rear EXCEPT outside bead. This seems to keep the car consistent and not wanting to traction roll.
If you need to alter the CA glue, I keep a piece of 180 grit paper in my pitbox. I just put the car on the stand and spin the wheels slowly w/ the radio while holding the sandpaper on the sidewalls. It removes the CA glue quite readily.

Alternately, on my backup M06 which I raced a week ago Sunday at the Cleveland Warm up race I ran a set of the kit Mini tires on front and S grips on rear. I did not CA glue the fronts at all and sauced w/ same pattern as the other car. The car handled very well and seemed to actually be a bit better getting thru the infield over my other M06 (loaned out to fellow racer). Both cars have same spring and oil (40wt front-soft spring/35wt rear- hard spring). One car has Datsun 510 body and the other has Nissan Silvia. No doubt in my mind the Silvia handles better since the COG is so much lower. I'm looking at new bodies for both cars, probably will go with the 280z or something similar.

I still prefer the M06 over the M05. Just suits my driving style better.