R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Yokomo YZ-2
Thread: Yokomo YZ-2
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2015, 11:46 AM
freakshow__
Tech Apprentice

thought I would share this with everyone...unless it has already been discussed....

I have been racing my YZ-2 for a few months on astro-turf and I just recently started playing with weights on the chassis. I have definately found that even on turf this car is just so light that it has a lot of rear wheel spin....yes, even on high traction turf. With a 17.5 it's not so bad, but with even a boosted 10.5 the tires just spin a lot.

To help this I have put 15 grams in front of the servo to give consistant steering, I have the yokomo under battery weights, 55 grams I believe?, and I have also got the aluminum rear camber plate with the optional rear steel weights on.

Yes...it is heavier now...but I can definately see that it now gets much less tire spin and I see this also because I am going through tires less often than before. When I punch it the car moves as opposed to that spinning and rear end drift I was getting before.

Anyone else try this on turf? Anyone think I'm nuts? I see all the pro setups on petitrc have front of servo weight added as well as under battery weights...even on turf.