View Single Post
Old 11-28-2015, 09:53 PM
Josh L
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Lowe's48
That's pretty sweet.
Try to get the body a little lower for better cg perhaps😉
Yeah, it is setting a little high, but that is because the front still needs clearance trimmed to make way for the bumper supports. It can go down at least two more holes. When ever I finish one of these 66 ford bodies out for racing use, the first thing I do is remove the front bumper and set the body further back than is pre-dimpled and originally intended . This sets the body more rearward and streamlines the layout and eliminates a lot of the parachuting. It also centers the rear fenders to the tires better, but needs the front fenders trimmed out toward the front to compensate for forward wheel base loss. This body in my opinion is really under rated in the way it handles on the trucks. Not only will it self right almost every time a roll over occurs, it also makes driving the truck easier for some strange reason. I know it must be subconscious, but it just seems like you can tell what is going on with the way the body rolls and leans making it easier to make quick corrections. I realize how dumb that sounds, but if you don't believe me you need to try this shell and find out for your self.