R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tekno RC SCT410.3 Thread
View Single Post
Old 11-24-2015, 04:29 PM
Troyster
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by ResultsRC
Bearings all feel good and diff feels smooth. I haven't taken diff out and checked on shims. I didn't build this e light so not sure if shims were used at all. I've spoke to a few at the track that don't build them shims and have better luck. I was told by. Tekno guy at track if diff fluid is to light it would cause one side to spin up faster cause one side is direct drive ? Don't really understand that theory.
Our track has 3 hairpin and 180 turns. Running washers just kills performance. I'm running just screws and thinking on gettin rid of those even. The wheels are stopping a lil less than 1/2 inch from the back side of the arms. I get far better steering with this e light .3 setup when the wheels stop 1/8 from the arms. The rear end doesn't start washing out until the inside wheel touches the arm and servo looses leverage on them. I can't imagine what 4 washers would do. The turn radius going slow would be a 5 ft wide circle. Don't know how anyone could deal with that on any 180 turns at all unless they are pushing it so hard they are sliding through them.
My track has 7 out of 9 turns that are basically a hairpin, 180, or some variation there of; the lanes are fairly small too. Put the steering stops in and the truck and buggy do not do well at all....however I never implemented all the other set up changes that are possible to compensate for the steering stops as I did not have enough time on my hands that particular day. Never have had a problem with wash out of the rear end with or without steering stops. At any rate, I'll make all the changes for maximum steering that I can for the next practice day and adjust accordingly to see if I can make the steering stops work. I am always looking for ways to go faster in the corners and this just might work....