R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tekno RC SCT410.3 Thread
View Single Post
Old 11-22-2015, 04:35 PM
Matthew_Armeni
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jjl1
Sorry I am a little slow but it seems more complicated than that. So no washers is 0 bump steer? What about the ball stud orientation. There seems to be a Lot of variables according to the setup sheets but they are not quantified.
For example I notice Lutz changed the bump from his Barnstormers to Gas Champs setup but what are the values?
There aren't any values for the bumpsteer. Once you have all of you other settings where you want them (ackermann, camber links, kick up, arm sweep, toe) cycle you suspension with your radio and car on (so the servo holds the steering steady) and look down at the tires. If you get more toe out as you compress the suspension this is "bump out". To remove the bump out move the ball stud closer to the spindle by removing the washers underneath of it. You can also move the inner ball stud closer to the ackermann plate. If you still have bump out you can flip the ball stud to get it even closer.
If you have bump in simply move the ball in the opposite direction. Re-check your toe setting after you achieve the bump steer you want.

This can be a trial and error sort of thing. Do it often enough and you'll get a good feel of how many washers to move around. Anytime we one of the changes I listed we check our bumpsteer.